Awards and Recognitions
Rerecognized as a learning site center by Karnataka State AIDS Prevention and Control Society and Karnataka Health Promotion Trust
- National AIDS Control Organization graded Snehadaan Community Care Centre for PLHIV with “A” grade
- Snehadaan was selected to host National Convergence on HIV in 2010
- Snehadaan was selected as best performer in RNTCP on 2011
- Karnataka State Government has awarded Snehasadan with ‘State Award- 2015’ for its service to the welfare of children on 14th November 2015.Fr Antony Kunnel, the director of Snehasadan, received the award on behalf of Snehasadan from K J George the minister for Bengaluru development and Umashree the minister for women and child welfare in Bangalore.
- 94.3 Radio One Bangalore At Its Best Award was given to Sneha Charitable Trust. To celebrate the city’s unsung heroes those that work towards keeping Bangaluru At Its Best.
- Two of our centres Snehagram and Sneha Care Home have been selected as learning sites for PLHIV and CLHIV interventions respectively under Karnataka State AIDS prevention and control society. In this capacity we carry out most of the trainings of KSAPS, for all their coordinators, outreach workers and others.
- The public private partnership model of Community Care Centre at SNR Hospital in Kolar, the first of this type of initiative in India, is managed by SCT.
- Sneha Care Home was chosen as a model of intervention to be presented at NACP III conference held at New Delhi.
- The model of disclosure of HIV status to children developed and implemented by SCH was chosen as a special case and studied by the public health department of Boston University.
- We have started developing a Rehabilitation and vocational training centre for CLHIV, the first of this type of intervention model in India.
- We have completed six research studies as part of the learning site initiatives.
- The first registered school for Children Living with HIV (CLHIV) in India, registered under NIOS (National open schooling curriculum) with such creative curriculum and with the accompaniment of professional teachers.
- Our programme is a nationally and internationally recognized programme since lot of volunteers come from all over the world. The First Lady of Canada, Sharon Johnston visited our center and stayed with our children for one hour.
- Our organization was invited for the 20th International Aids Conference held in Melbourne, Australia from 20 – 25 July 2014. Mr. Babu, one of our students from Snehagram was invited as a speaker in the conference.